Thursday, August 25, 2011

Colour Create Challenge #78

Hi there!
It's my turn to pick the colours over at the Colour Create blog this week and I decided to go with one of my all time fave combos - Kraft, Red and White with the optional extra of adding your own stamped background. Here is my inspiration pic:

25 Aug - Challenge 78 - Kerry

Here is my card:

I had a lot of fun making this card. I first used some Pure Poppy card, scoring about 1 inch iin from one end and using my Apron Lace border punch along the edge. I then attached some Stampers Select white to the scalloped end of my Pure Poppy card to create my card front. I used a flower and dot from Beautiful Blooms ll set to create my stamped background, using Real Red ink. My sentiment from Inside and Out: Birthday was stamped in Crumb Cake (Kraft) ink and then I tied some white ribbon across the front, attaching a red button to the centre of my bow with twine. I stamped three large flowers in Real Red ink and cut these out, attaching to the ribbon with a silver rhinestone in each centre. I used my Little Leaves die to cut a leaf from Kraft cardstock and tucked this behind my flowers. Finally I rounded the corners of my card front to finish.


On the inside I repeated my flower background along the bottom of my white layer and added my sentiment again in Crumb Cake ink.

The rest of the design team have come up with some wonderful cards, so take a look at the Colour Create blog and be sure to link up your entry!!

Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms ll, Inside & Out: Birthday (PTI)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Kraft, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories: corner rounder; white ribbon; red button; twine; Little Leaves sizzlit die (SU); silver rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Apron Lace punch (Fiskars)

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kerry! One of my all-time favourite colour combos, too. Love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kerry!!! I love that color combo too always looks elegant! TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the clean crisp yet striking colors...very very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, your card is wonderful!! Loved this colour combo and love it even more in your hands - everything is so crisp and clean!! Awesome, Hugs Juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully elegant card Kerry - Loved the colour combination too :) I love the beautiful sentiment you've used inside the card.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS and oh so elegant Kerry! the colour combo is so versatile, you have rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete