Monday, September 19, 2011

Easel Cards

Hello,
Just here with a quick post to show a couple of cards that I made with some friends at a recent card night. I waanted to show a fun fold so I couldn't go past an easel card!


For my first card I used a fun A La Mode image  - Time To Celebrate and coloured this with my Copics. I then die cut the image with an oval nestie and matted it on an Old Olive scalloped oval die cut. The background papers are from the Sugar Plum paper pad by Papertrey Ink and these have been adhered to an Old Olive layer. Some white ribbon was tied around the middle to cover the seam and the sentiment was stamped in Real Red ink. Finally this was added to my Kraft base.


The inside of my easel card was kept very simple by stamping my sentiment on some more Sugar Plum paper, punching it out with my oval punch and matting it on some Old Olive card punched with my Scalloped oval punch. This was adhered to the card on dimensionals to ensure the easel would sit correctly.


My next card follows exactly the same layout except I decided to work with a Pure Innocence image - Being Cute Is What I Do. I used Plum Pudding cardstock for my mats and stamped my sentiment in Old Olive ink. For this one I also decided to paper piece the top using some more Sugar Plum paper.


Excuse the blurry image of the inside! We had heaps of fun making these cards - I will be making more of these for sure!

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence- Being Cute Is What I Do; A La Modes - Time to Celebrate (MFT)
Cardstock: Kraft, Perfect Plum, Select White, Sugar Plum Paper Pad (PYI); Old Olive (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive (SU); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: dimensionals, white satin ribbon, Scalloped Oval nesties, Oval nesties (Spellbinders); Scalloped Oval punch, Oval punch (SU); Copics

3 comments:

  1. Kerry these are both so excellent! Can you believe I have never made one of these cards yet? lol

    K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I especially like the second cutie. I'm in the same boat as Karen - haven't even attempted an easel card. Love looking at them, though!

    ReplyDelete