Thursday, February 2, 2012

Colour Create #89 - White, Light Brown and Dark Brown


Hi,
Back again with Colour Create's Challenge #89. Shanna has challenged us to use the colours white or cream, light brown and dark brown with the optional extra challenge of adding hearts to your creation. Here is her inspiration pic:

2 February - Challenge 89 - Shanna White or Cream, Light Brown, Dark Brown


I originally felt very challenged by these colours but then when I received my new Houndstooth background stamp from Hero Arts I knew exactly how to use them.


I used white for my card base and then cut another smaller white layer which I stamped with my Houndstooth stamp in Early Espresso ink.  I then decided to try out a new technique which I found over on Gayatri's blog here. She inspired me to create my own heart embossing plate. I punched out some small hearts from some shrink plastic and then adhered them on to some cardstock with double sided tape in a neat pattern. This then became my embossing plate and I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a small piece of white cardstock which is shown layered on top of my houndstooth layer. I punched out some more hearts from Kraft cardstock which I coated in Glossy Accents and then added to the bottom of my white layer. A very thin strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock was added above the hearts and then I used two separate sentiments from two stamp sets to create my sentiment on this card. I used Wishing You from Heartfelt Basics and Love from Daily Design Sentiments. These were stamped in Early Espresso ink. Finally I added a small strip of white pearls underneath my sentiment to finish it off.


On the inside of my card I stamped another combination of sentiments from Heartfelt Basics in Early Espresso ink.I layered another strip of stamped Houndstooth background along the bottom with a Chocolate Chip strip above. Two more Kraft hearts finished with Glossy Accents were added along this strip.

I had lots of fun experimenting with new techniques on this card and did I mention how much I LOVE that Houndstooth stamp?? Its fantastic and I will be using this one a lot!! Now make sure you hop over to the Colour Create blog to enter this fortnight's challenge and check out the girls' cards - they're gorgeous!!



Supplies
Stamps: Heartfelt Basics, Daily Design Sentiments (PTI); Houndstooth background (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Kraft (PTI); Chocolate Chip (SU)
Ink: Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories: white pearls (Kaisercraft); Glossy Accents (Ranger); heart punch (SU); shrink plastic

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,Kerry - love the CAS style and how you've made your own embossing folder - very creative! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I love what you did with this card. It's absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST LOVE THIS!!! LOVE that you've coordinated the inside--this is beautiful and so simply elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete