I have found the most beautiful colour combo over at the ColourQ Challenge 71 and I couldn't resist joining in!
The only colour I don't have is Blushing Bride so I used some pink cardstock that was the closest match. It also ties in well with Just Add Ink's Challenge 55 this week to add love to our cards. Any excuse to go all sentimental and add some hearts is okay with me!!
Today I thought I would llist the steps on how I put the card together, rather than rambling on with all the details as there were quite a few steps involved:
1. Create base from Pretty In Pink cardstock and sponge edges with Pink Pirouhette ink.
2. Cut Kraft layer and stamp Damask image from Fancy Flourishes set in Versamark ink. Layer Scor- tape along edges for a border and sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds glitter over this. Adhere this layer to white card layer.
3. Use Mat Stack 1 die to cut Pretty In Pink card and stamp tiny heart background from Background Basics Hearts and Versamark. Sew a pink button on either side with Kraft coloured thread.
4. Use Cursive script from Background Basics Hearts and stamp on white adhesive sheet with Crumb Cake ink. Cut this with a Spellbinders circle die. Cut a larger circle from Pink Pirouhette card and adhere these together. Run these through Xyron and adhere to Mat Stack 1 base.
5. Use rock and roll technique to stamp Bliss butterfly Pink Pirouhette and Pretty In Pink ink. Cut this out and adhere to Mat Stack, bending up wings.
6. Stamp With Love sentiment from Yummy set in Crumb Cake ink and cut into a banner. Punch a Kraft heart and adhere these under butterfly.
7. Stamp argyle and heart pattern on Pink Pirouhette card and punch 3 hearts. Use darker card to punch 2 plain hearts. Adhere these to front, popping two up on dimensionals.
8. Add white ribbon to Kraft layer, looping over a couple of times and attach Mat stack image over the top. Attach all layers card base.
Inside of card
1. Layer white cardstock on Kraft card. Stamp tiny heart background image from Background Basics hearts in Crumb Cake ink. Add a small Kraft strip, punch 2 pink hearts from Pink Pirouhette card and adhere to strip.
2. Stamp sentiment from Heartfelt Basics set in Crumb Cake ink and adhere all layers to inside of card.
Voila - finished!! This card started off quite simple but seemed to take on a life of its own, but I am very happy with the result.
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes (Kaisercraft); Yummy - retired, Bliss - Saleabration (SU); Background Basics: Hearts, A Little Argyle, Heartfelt Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, White Adhesive Cardstock (PTI); Pink Pirouhette, Pretty In Pink, Kraft (SU); dark pink card
Ink: Versamark, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouhette, Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories: Xyron; Scor-Tape; Dazzling Diamonds glitter, heart punch, dimensionals (SU); Sweet Blush buttons, Mat Stack 1 Die (PTI); Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); white ribbon; Kraft thread
I am a mother of three children aged 6,8 and 11. I work in the Special Education field and recently taken on a role of interpreting for Hearing Impaired children. I absolutely love it! 3 1/2 years ago I first looked at a Stampin' Up catalogue and I was instantly hooked. I am very passionate about cardmaking and fortunately have a very understanding hubby!! I guess you could describe my cardmaking style as mainly Clean and Simple but sometimes I like to throw in a card with a lot of detail. I hope you enjoy looking at my creations!!