Friday, February 4, 2011

Say It In Pink, Blue and Chocolate

Hi there,
I am here today with a great colour challenge that Andrea has over at the AnnaBelle Stamps blog - Pink, Blue and Chocolate. What a great colour combo!!


I decided to keep my card quite clean and simple this time, starting with a Bashful Blue base, run through my Cuttlebug with my Linen Impression plate. I used the dotted border from the Backgrounds By Design 1 set from AnnaBelle Stamps to repeatedly stamp my blue dotted background and adhered some chocolate ribbon along the top. I then stamped my sentiment from the Ballerina Rose set and punched this out. matting it on some Chocolate Chip cardstock. I also stamped the flowers from the same set and coloured these in with my Copics, before cutting out and adding to the card. Some AnnaBelle Blossom Sprinkles were added to the flower centres to complete the front.

On the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the Ballerina Rose set and added some more flowers and sprinkles along the bottom on top of my dotted border strip. It was nice for a change to make a card that is more simple - I am really happy with the result.

Here are the links for the rest of the design team. Hop on over and have a look - they have some wonderful creations.

Belles

Bellas

By entering this challenge, you will be in the running to win a gift voucher to spend in the AnnaBelle Stamps store. To participate, hop on over to the AnnaBelle Stamps blog and link your creation. 

Have a great weekend!!

Supplies
Stamps: Backgrounds By Design 1, Ballerina Rose (AnnaBelle Stamps)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip (SU); Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink (SU)
Accessories: Blossom Sprinkles (AnnaBelle Stamps); Chocolate Chip ribbon, Curly Label Punch (SU); Copics; corner rounder; Linen impression plate (PTI)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kerry, love the sentiment shape and love what you did with the flower stamps, very pretty. Love this simple yet elegant design!

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry,
    Your card is STUNNING, I LOVE your simple but elegant design!
    I love the way you embossed the top of your card and your stamped border along the bottom!
    Your inside of your card is just as stunning as the outside, LOVE your card Kerry!

    Have a lovely weekend! Hugs,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry,
    What a fabulous card.......love the polka dot background and those pretty pink blossoms. The embossed blue looks stunning and I love oposite corners rounded!!!! Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kerry! Love your 'complete' card - inside and out!
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Andrea
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry this is so lovely. The colors you used are just perfect together. Love your dotted background and the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kerry this is wonderful...so delightful. I just love it. So clean and happy with those flowers. What a pretty inside. I just love the AnnaBelle Stamps sprinkles and I love that you put them in the flowers centers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful kerry! Love you take on the colours with this CAS design, the touch of pink in the flowers is sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors together and I love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete