Friday, October 22, 2010

Turning 5!



I have had a big week this week with my cousin getting married on Saturday and my daughter turning 5 on Thursday. I made a card for both occasions, however only took a photo of my daughter's card. She is currently going through a very girly phase liking everything pink and sparkly, so I had just the right stamp set for her.

Firstly I made the square card base using Kraft cardstock and stamped the top and bottom of the card using the Fancy Flourishes set from Papertrey Ink and Versamark ink. I then punched a scalloped border along the top of some Hibiscus Birst cardstock and added some Hibiscus Birst ribbon along the bottom. I used Quite Contrary paper from My Mind's Eye which I absolutely adore as it is so pretty and feminine.



The image was stamped using a combination of stamps from the Dress Up Lily set from Pink Cat Studio. Three different images were used and masked one on top of the other to create the final picture. I coloured the image with Copics and added glitter to her wings. The number 5 was created by colouring a white American Thicker number with a copic marker to match the cardstock. This is the beauty of copic markers - you can customise any embellishment to match other elements of the card.

Now I had better get myself organised to make a card for my son's 7th birthday which is only a week away!

Thanks for looking,




Supplies
Stamps: Dress Up Lily (PCS), Fancy Flourishes (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft, Pretty In Pink (SU), Hibiscus Birst, Vintage Cream (PTI),Quite Contrary (MME)
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Miscellaneous: Copic Markers, American Craft Thickers, Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars), Scalloped Circle Punch (SU), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU), Hibiscus Birst Ribbon (PTI).

No comments:

Post a Comment