When I first saw the colours we had to work with over at AnnaBelle Stamps this week, I just couldn't see how they could work well together, but lo and behold, I now have another favourite colour combo!! I decided to go with a few different stamp sets from AnnaBelle Stamps as they all work in so well together.
I used Chocolate Chip cardstock as my base and then stamped the flower image from Backgrounds By Design 4 in Old Olive ink on white cardstock along the bottom I ran the unstamped portion of my white card through my Cuttlebug with my Linen Impression Plate and then adhered some Chocolate Chip ribbon just above the stamped background. I stamped Lil' Molly with Flowers in Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her in with copics. I then stamped another row of background flowers on a separate piece of white card and adhered them underneath Lil' Molly's feet. I die cut my image with a large circle nestie and then matted this layer on a lemon die cut Blossom nestie. Once all of these layers were adhered to the card base, I stamped the large flower image from Ballerina Rose in So Saffron and Old Olive ink a few times and coloured them in with Copics before cutting out. I then adhered my flowers and added some tiny silver rhinestones to the flower centres. The sentiment was stamped in Old Olive ink from the Acacia set and then hand cut.
I continued the background pattern on the inside with another sentiment from Acacia stamped in Old Olive ink. Finally I stamped two lemon flowers, adding some more rhinestones to the centres.
How To Play Along :
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Our Sketch Challenge Runs from the last Friday of a month through till the last Friday of the following month.
- Each Friday in between we have themed challenges. To be eligible for the monthly prize of a $20 gift voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps you MUST take part in the sketch challenge AND one of the weekly challenges.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Include a link back to the AnnaBelle Stamps blog in your post.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 5 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps, but you can play along without them. For those who use AnnaBelle stamps and upload to the Gallery HERE then you will also be in the running to be our Monthly Guest Designer!
Here are the other DT members' blogs - check out their lovely cards:
and this month's guest designer:
Stamps: Acacia, Ballerina Rose, Lil' Molly with Flowers, Backgrounds By Design 4 (AnnaBelle Stamps)
Cardstock: Select White, Lemon Zest (PTI); Chocolate Chip (SU)
Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron (SU); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Linen impression plate (PTI); Blossom 3 Nestability, Circle Nestability (Spellbinders); Chocolate Chip ribbon (SU); Copics; silver rhinestones