This week at CSAYL, the challenge is to work with one of my all time fave colours - Kraft!! All you have to do is use Kraft cardstock somewhere on your creation this week! The sponsor of this week's challenge is Pink Cat Studio with the winner receiving 5 digis of their choice:
I used the Reindeer Ride digi for my card this week which is just the cutest stamp ever!!!
These are steps on how I created my card:
1. Fold Riding Hood Red cardstock in half and score.
2. Stamp background on bottom half of Kraft cardstock which has two top corners rounded, in Versamark and Cherry Cobbler ink and heat emboss with clear powder.
3. Adhere silver rhinestones to centres of some of the diamond images and also attach a row of rhinestones just above the top of the background.
4. Tie ribbon above the rhinestone strip into a bow.
5. Adhere Kraft layer to red base.
6. Print out Reindeer Ride image onto Vanilla cardstock and colour with Copics. Print image again onto Kraft cardstock and cut out the reindeer, paper piecing him onto the coloured layer. Colour reindeer's nose with red Atyou Spica glitter pen.
7. Apply some rubon snowflakes around the image and adhere on a red mat.
8. Use a two way glue pen to add a layer of gllue at the reindeer's feet and sprinkle on glitter.
9. Mount the image onto front of cardstock with foam mounting tape.
10. Apply Jingle Bells rubon onto vanilla cardstock and cut into a banner. Adhere this to front of card, using mounting tape in centre and glue dots close to end. Curl up ends of banner with a pencil.
On the inside, I simply adhered another layer of vanilla cardstock and stamped my diamond background pattern in Cherry Cobbler Ink. I applied another rubon sentiment and snowflake to finish it off.
Make sure you check out the CSAYL blog to see all the wonderful creations and link up your card for your chance to win this week's wonderful prize!!!
Stamps: Reindeer Ride digi (PCS); Background Basics: Botanicals (PTI)
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (SU); Versamark
Accessories: Very Vanilla ribbon, clear embossing powder; Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU); Holiday Accent rub-ons(K & Company); silver rhinestones; foam mounting tape; Copic markers; red Atyou Spica glitter pen; corner rounder