Friday, July 1, 2011

Say It With..... Frames!!


with_frames

Back with this week's challenge over at AnnaBelle Stamps!! This one had me stumped for a while - Say It With Frames! I decided to take this on literally and make the front of my card like a photo frame.

I used some old Apricot Appeal cardstock for my base and then stamped my image from the Helen's Party set onto white cardstock, coloured it with Copics and adhered this to the card front. Her trousers and shirt have been paper pieced - one of my favourite techniques.

To create the frame I cut a rectangle from some retired Groovy Guava cardstock and adhered my designer paper to the front. I then ruled up a rectangle which I cut out of both layers with my craft knife. All I can say is I seriously need to invest in some rectangle nesties, as this was such a fiddly job! I then attached the frame to the cardfront with some foam tape to add dimension and used some alphabet letters to spell out my 'happy...' sentiment. I finished off the front with some blue and white flowers with silver rhinestones in the centres.


I used more of the designer paper for the inside layering some white cardstock in the centre. Only the 'Birthday' sentiment was inked up, omitting 'Happy'. I also used the presents from the same set which I coloured in with Copics.

About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Thursday 5.00pm so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge. 
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a special little something.  Our last challenge for the month will be a sketch challenge which will attract our main prize of a $15.00 gift voucher for that weeks winner.
 
How To Play Along :
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge.  All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.       
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.

 
Thanks for visiting and make sure you check out the rest of the girls' creations over at the AnnaBelle Stamps blog!

Supplies
Stamps: Helen's Party (AnnaBelle Stamps)
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Apricot Appeal, Baja Breeze DP (retired), Whisper White (SU); Happy Day DP (SEI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Accessories: flowers (Prima); silver rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Copic markers; foam dimensional tape

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty frame Kerry and how Happy does she look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry I am LOVIN' this one!! That frame idea really makes the card! Well done!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Kerry! Fabulous frame and paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, this is beautiful...really love your frame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo frame card and the paper piecing! Colors are so pretty and you can just tell how happy this little gal is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerry

    Really love your card! The frame looks brilliant and the papers are so pretty. Inside of the card is fab too.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute and fun rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerry, you have rocked this one!! love the colours and all the paper piecing!! :)

    ReplyDelete