Sunday, December 18, 2011

Card No. 2

Hello!
Back again with my second card in my gift sets. I was going to originally make a set of 10 cards all with the same design, but as usual I have decided to take on a mammoth task and come up with 10 different designs. Oh well, I have made 4 - only 6 to go! Here is card number 2:


This is probably the one that I am least happy with. I used Stampers Select White for my base and some old Kaisercraft paper for the bottom half. I cut some blue ribbon and looped it on either side along the join. To create my focal image, I die cut a circle from white cardstock and also a couple of grey circles. I then cut some hill shapes out of the grey cardstock and held them on my white circle to work out where to position my trees. I had to use my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the trunks of the trees and then the tree tops, with some light blue pigment ink and some darker blue rolled along the edges. I then straight stitched along the border of the hills. This was then matted on a black border die cut with my dizzy doily die. Finally I die cut a tag, stamped my sentiment and tied it to my doily border with some Twilley's blue thread.


On the inside I used some more of the pattterned paper along the bottom as a border and then stamped my sentiment and decorative motifs either side.

Okay, I will be back soon tomorrow with card no. 3!

Supplies
Stamps: Mat Stack 1 (PTI); Trendy Trees (SU)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, True Black (PTI); Basic Grey (SU); Miscellaneous DP (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Cyan pigment ink (Versacolor); dark blue pigment ink (Martha Stewart); Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Dizzy Doily die (MFT); Circle nestability (Spellbinders); Tiny tags die (Cuttlebug); blue ribbon (Kaisercraft); Blue Goldfingering yarn (Twilleys)

1 comment:

  1. Kerry, I LOVE the little blue trees! So cute. This is a gorgeous card; how can you not be real happy with it??!

    ReplyDelete