Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Card No.s 3 and 4


Back again with two more cards from my gift card set for Christmas. The first card uses a very simple black and white colour scheme with lots of embossing:


I used some True Black cardstock for my mat on top of my white base and then another layer of white that was edged with my Apron Lace border. Above the border I added a strip of glitter and then my black spotted ribbon. I stamped the flower stems from Blooming Button Bits and the flowers from Beautiful Blooms II. The sentiment was from Daily Design Sentiments. All the stamping involved using Versamark first, then stamping in Basic Black ink, followed by clear embossing powder.


On the inside I used a flower image from Imaginisce and a sentiment from Inside and Out: Birthday. Both of these were embossed also.
My next card involved a lot of background stamping to create my background paper.


To start with I stamped the dotted Argyle motif from A Little Argyle on my white cardstock with Kraft ink. I then stamped different images from the Basic Grey Blossom stamp set using Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink and Melon Mambo ink. Some Hibiscus Burst ribbon was tied around the centre and then this was matted on some Pretty in Pink cardstock and then on to my card base.
I die cut a small circle, then stamped my sentiment from Inside and Out Birthday ink Old Olive ink. This was then matted on a Pretty in Pink die cut using my Blossoms 3 die set. Finally some pink rhinestones were added below the sentiment.


The inside was kept very simple, just stamping another sentiment from Inside and Out: Birthday in Old Olive ink.

So that's it for cards 3 and 4. Back tomorrow with more!!!

Supplies


Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Blooming Button Bits, Daily Design Sentiments(PTI); Flower Snag 'em (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, True Black (PTI)
Ink: Basic Black (SU); Versamark
Accessories: Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Clear embossing powder (SU); black polka dot ribbon

Stamps: Inside and Out: Birthday, A Little Argyle (PTI); Blossom (Basic Grey)
Cardstock: StampersSelect White (PTI); Pretty In Pink (SU)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Kraft (SU)
Accessories: Hibiscus Burst ribbon (PTI); pink rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Circle nestabilities, Blossom 3 nestabilities (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment