Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Card No. 5

Okay, I am at the half way mark - so here is card no. 5 of my gift set:


This is probably my favourite of the set - it took hours to make, but I love adding all the little details! First I used Pure Poppy card for my base and a layer of Kraft on top. For my main layer I used Rustic Cream cardstock and created my own background with stamps from Papertrey Ink's Round and Round Anniversary set and Beautiful Blooms II. I used Kraft, Old Olive and Real Red ink which I stamped off in each set of three flowers to get some variation in colour. Once I had finished my background I cut a circle out of the centre using my nesties and then cut a frame from Kraft cardstock again using nesties to edge the cut out circle. I cut some more Rustic Cream cardstock and stamped my sentiment from Inside and Out: Birthday in Old Olive ink and then adhered this behind the circle.

I used my scallop border punch to edge a thin strip of Kraft cardstock and adhered this at the bottom of my circle and added some Ripe Avocado ribbon on top. Finally I stamped three flowers from Beautiful Blooms II in Real Red ink, cut them out and then added some sparkle with my Red Atyou Spica glitter pen. These were added to the edge of the frame and the centre one popped up on dimensionals.




For the inside, I created the same background as a border and added a sentiment from Inside and Out: Birthday in Old Olive ink.

See you tomorrow!!!


Supplies
Stamps: Inside and Out: Birthday, Beautiful Blooms II, Round and Round Anniversary set (PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Kraft, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink: Kraft, Old Olive, Real Red (SU)
Accessories: Ripe Avocado ribbon (PTI); Red Atyou Spica glitter pen; Circle nestabilities (Spellbinders); dimensionals, Scallop border punch (SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment