Well I am very excited about this post as its my first contribution as a DT member for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long (CSAYL)! The challenges will be posted at the stroke of midnight on Fridays and will run for a week each time.
What better way to start than with a fantastic sponsor - Pink Cat Studio!
I have a number of their images - both digi and rubber and I love them all!!!! The prize for this week's challenge is 5 free digi images of your choice! And the challenge??? 'Bring on the Bling' - use as much bling as your little heart desires!
For this card I used the Lily Elf Carrying Tree image which was heaps of fun to work with. There were a lot of steps involved in making this card so I will list them below.
These are the steps:
1. Create card base from Aqua Mist cardstock.
2. Layer reverse side of My Mind's Eye Jolly Snowmen paper onto white mat.
3. Print out digi image on white cardstock and colour with Copic markers. Stamp the image again to create a mask and cut out.
4.Die cut a small and large cloud image and place randomly on white cardstock as a mask and sponge on blue ink for sky. Repeat this around Lily, using the Lily mask. Cover the top two thirds of the white cardstock this way.
5. Using circle nestablility and white felt, die cut 2 circles and cut them both in two, off centre. Attach Scor-tape to the rounded edges and sprinkle glitter. Attach the die cut circles along bottom of white cardstock, overlapping sllightly.
6. Punch out small snowflakes and randomly adhere under clouds with small silver rhinestones in the centre.
7. Colour over Lily's hat and tree baubles with Atyou Spica clear gllitter pen.
8. Stamp sentiment in Baja Breeze ink on Aqua Mist cardstock and cut to form a banner. Using some green thread, attach to layers with single stitch at each end to secure. Adhere all layers to card base.
9. Randomly stamp small snowflake image in Baja Breeze ink (stamped off once to lighten a little) on white cardstock. Adhere a strip of My Mind's Eye reversed Jolly Snowmen paper.
10. Die cut a large cloud from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamp sentiment in Baja Breeze ink. Adhere to white layer and attach to inside of card.
Phew!! I had the idea for this card in my head for days, but bringing it to fruition proved to be more challenging than I first thought. Anyway I am happy with how it turned out.
To participate in the challenge:
- Create a NEW project according to the challenge, post on your blog and link back to the challenge post at CSAYL.
- Add your entry to the CSAYL challenge post with a direct link to your project post
- Stop by at least 2 other challenge entries and leave them some love.
- Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's cards! I can't wait to see what everyone creates!
Stamps: Lily Elf Carrying Tree digi image (Pink Cat Studio); Holiday Button Bits (PTI); Wings of Joy (TE)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Stampers Select White (PTI); Jolly Snowmen designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Baja Breeze (SU) Sea Lavender (Martha Stewart)
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, sponge dauber (SU); white felt, cloud dies (PTI); small snowflake punch; green thread; Copic Markers; Atyou Spica clear glitter pen; Scor-tape