You might want to grab a cuppa to read this post - there is so much to share about this card! I am having a go at The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #73 which has the yummiest colour combo:
I would never think to use these colours together but they work so well. I have a new stamp set from Papertrey Ink that I have been itching to ink up - Bitty Baby Blessings, so I decided to use these colours to make a non-traditional baby card. Can I tell you that I had just about the most fun ever making this card - I love this stamp set and that liitle baby is tooooo cute!!!!
I will show you all the images (there are a few!!) and then list the steps on how I made it. You can cllick on the images to get a closer view.
1. Make a square card base from Rose Red card. Use Apron Lace border punch to create a scallop border along the front.
2. Cut a square of white cardstock and use Scallop border punch to scallop the bottom edge. Paper pierce a cross stitch pattern along each scallop and then cross stitch with Kraft thread. Adhere this to the base.
3. Cut a smaller white square and stamp the pram image in Tuxedo Black ink and then add baby head peeking out of the hood.
4. Run this layer through Cuttlebug with Linen Impression Plate and then round the top right and bottom left corners.
5. Stamp the pram image again on Rose Red patterned paper (retired) and cut out the body of the pram. Pop this up on dimensionals on top of the original stamped image. Add clear spica glitter pen to baby's curl and the pram.
6. Adhere this white layer to some More Mustard DP - this is retired, but similar cardstock could be used.
7. Die cut two cloud images, stamping one with 'Welcome baby' in Plum ink and running the other through the Cuttlebug with the Argyle Impression Plate. Use Quickie Glue Pen to apply a thin layer of glue around edges of clouds and dip in glitter. Adhere the argyle cloud to the white layer, and then pop up the sentiment cloud on dimensionals overlapping the other.
8. Tie some ribbon around the two layers, stitching a button to the bow centre.
9. Stamp the pram again onto some scrap white cardstock, colour the wheels grey with Copics, cut just the wheels out and then adhere to pram with dimensionals so they overlap the ribbon.
10. Mat some More Mustard DP on white cardstock and adhere both layers to inside of card.
11. Cut a square white layer and stamp ;Happy New Baby' in Plum Ink. Stamp the mini pram image in black ink on either side of sentiment and colour with Rose Red marker. Add some spots with white gel pen.
12. Run this layer through Cuttlebug with Argyle Impression Plate and round top right/bottom left corners.
13.. Pierce holes under sentiment and cross stitch with Kraft thread. Adhere this layer on to More Mustard layer in card.
Phew!! Finished! But boy did I have fun making it! I had that much fun that I decided to make another more traditional baby card:
Hope you liked the cards and I will be back this week with some more DT cards.
Card 1Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Cardstock: Select White (PTI); Rose Red, More Mustard DP - retired, Rose Red DP - retired (SU)
Ink: Sweet Plum, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Cloud Die, Argyle Impression Plate, Linen Impression Plate, Lemon Zest button (PTI), Scallop border punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU); paper piercer; Kraft thread; white gel pen (Signo); corner rounder; lavender ribbon; copic markers, Atyou Spica clear glitter pen; Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars)
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Cardstock: Select White, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Kraft (PTI); Delovely DP (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Baja Breeze (SU); Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Accessories: Cloud Die, Argyle Impression Plate, Linen Impression Plate (PTI); Scallop border punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Blushing Bride ribbon (SU); paper piercer; pink thread; corner rounder; copic markers - including blender pen for inside prams; Atyou Spica glitter pen,Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars)