I am here with this week's CSAYL challenge - I Can See Right Through That - use vellum on your card. The sponsor of this week's challenge is In Style Stamps:
and the winner of this week's challenge will be able to use 4 free digis of their choice! For this challenge I decided to have a go at a pop up card which is a first for me, but I will definately try this again - heaps of fun!!
The beauty of digi stamps is the ability to resize them and for this project I had to substantially reduce the size of the monkey to fit the pop up section on the inside. You can click on the image to see a closer view.
The steps for making this card are as follows:
1. Cut a Chocolate Chip rectangle of cardstock and adhere to white base measuring 6 x 4 ''.
2. Print out Kissmas Monkey image on another small piece of white cardstock and colour with Copics. Adhere to centre of chocolate layer.
3. Cut a rectangle white piece for card front and cut out a circle with a 2 1/8" nestablility.
4. Run this layer through the Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.
4. Cut a vellum circle with a 3" nestability.
5. Cut a third circle from white cardstock 2 5/8" and then run it through Cuttlebug again with 2 1/8" circle to make a circular frame.
6. Adhere the vellum circle behind the circle opening in the embossed layer to create a window.
7. Add glitter to circular frame with heat and stick powder. Adhere around circle opening.
8. Tie ribbon around left side of embossed layer and then adhere to card front.
9. Stamp sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink, cut into a banner and adhere below circle.
10. Stamp a snowflake in Pumpkin Pie ink and adhere to bottom of ribbon with a silver rhinestone.
11. Cut a white layer slightly smaller that card base, score in the middle and also 1 inch on either side of centre line.
12. Stamp mistletoe image and adhere a smaller resized version of Kissmas Monkey to one side after colouring with Copics.
13.Fold along score lines and adhere inside card.
14. Atttach a layer of Pumpkin Pie card, matted with So Saffron card to bottom of card inside.
15. Stamp Merry Christmas sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink on white cardstock and adhere to So Saffron layer.
You have until midnight next Thursday to enter by linking your card to the CSAYL blog and while there, make sure you check out the rest of the DT's creations!
Stamps: Kissmas Monkey digi (In Style Stamps); Wings of Joy (TE); Season of Joy (SU)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI); Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Accessories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug); Circle Nestablilities (Spellbinders); Copic markers; Silver Rhinestone (Kaisercraft); red ribbon; vellum; heat and stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU)