Friday, March 11, 2011

CSAYL Challenge - Little Brown Dress

Hi there,
Its that time of the week again, when we have a new CSAYL challenge. This week the sponsor is Deedee's Digis and the prize is $10 credit to spend in their online store.
View Deedee's ...jpg in slide show:

This week we have a picture that is to be used as inspiration to create a Christmas themed card. Here is The Little Brown Dress:
View March11 I...jpg in slide show
When I looked at this photo, the first thing that came to mind was that it had a rustic, cozy kind of feel, so that's the style I went with.

I chose to use the Let It Snow image which I coloured with Copics and then sprinkled some Sparkly Fluff over to give the appearance of snow.I then cross stitched under the sentiment with some linen thread. Behind the image which was matted on Old Olive cardstock, I added three scalloped layers with some green ribbon tied with a button and twine. I used some retired Stampin Up Ski Slope paper for my background and to keep in with the cozy theme, I used my linen thread to blanket stitch around the outside before adding it to my Kraft base.

On the inside I used a sentiment from Taylored Expressions Wings of Joy set and finished it off with some more cross stitching.

To play along and check out the other designers' cards, hop on over to the CSAYL blog. There is plenty of inspiration there!

Supplies
Stamps: Let It Snow Digi stamp (Deedee's Digis); Wings of Joy (TE)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Retired Ski Slope DP (SU); Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Scallop Border punch, twine (SU); green ribbon;white button; linen thread; paper piercer; copic markers; sparkly fluff

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love all the stitching - such a warm and cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely card! nice job this week...

    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete