Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Clean and Simple Card

I just bought a new stamp set by Kaisercraft called Utopia and had been itching to use it, so when I saw Heather's Totally Hues Challenge #5, I thought this set would be perfect. The card that I am showing on this post though is my second attempt as my first one looked awful and I had so much trouble balancing these colours - I couldn't get the pink and green next to each other to work, so I decided to only use the New Leaf as an accent so it didn't overpower everything. Here are Heather's challenge colours this fortnight:
 
This is such a fun set to use and great for those who love to colour in. On my Kraft base, I stamped my flower image in Tuxedo Black and coloured them in with R59, R22 and R20 Copics. I then stamped two more, coloured them in and popped them up on dimensionals on two of the flowers. My image from Inside and Out Birthday  was stamped in Scarlet Jewel ink and then a border was added of Scarlet Jewel cardstock cut with my Upper Crest border punch, some Scarlet Jewel ribbon and some Dotty Biscotti paper in New Leaf. Finally I added three Sweet Blush buttons which had been sewn with linen thread, some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the inner section of my flowers and Glossy Accents to add some shine to the centres.
For the inside I used a layer of Dotti Biscotti New Leaf paper and then some Kraft cardstock. The flowers were randomly stamped with the same flower image in Versamark ink and the sentiment was stamped in Scarlet Jewel ink.

There you have it - my first card for the week, but there are a couple more to come and I have to get busy as my family is going to the coast camping on Saturday for a week! Boy am I glad its school holidays here in Qld next week - it has been such a long 12 week term for the children I work with and my own kids (and me!) are feeling it too!

On the up side though - I have finally taken the plunge and bought my first ever SLR camera and now I have to figure out how to use it!!

Back soon, 

Supplies
Stamps: Utopia (Kaisercraft); Inside and Out: Birthday (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Dotti Biscotti paper (PTI)
Ink: Versamark; Tuxedo Black (Memento); Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Accessories: Scarlet Jewel ribbon, Sweet Blush buttons (PTI); Dazzling Diamonds glitter, dimensionals (SU); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Upper Crest border punch (Kaisercraft); linen thread

3 comments:

  1. Kerry this is such a beautiful simple card and the colours were perfect to use with your new stamp set!!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! such a fantastic designing i really like it...
    Plastic cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete