Over at the AnnaBelle Stamps blog this week, the challenge is to say it with... A Banner!
As soon as I saw this challenge I thought I would go for the standard pennant style banner, but after die cutting and trying different ideas with my pennants, it just did not want to work for me, so I started all over again with a standard sentiment banner, using one of my favourite AnnaBelle Stamps - Ballerina Rose.
I cut a layer of cream cardstock and ran this through my Cuttlebug with my Canvas impression plate. I then stamped some small flowers from the Backgrounds By Design 1 set in Versamark on Sweet Blush cardstock and clear embossed them, colouring the petals in with a clear spica glitter pen. Once this was complete, I adhered the Sweet Blush card to my cream layer and then added a thin layer of glitter around the edge with my Quickie Glue Pen. Some Chocolate Chip ribbon was wrapped around the middle and then the layers were matted on some Chocolate Chip cardstock before adhering to my Sweet Blush base.
I stamped 6 of the medium flowers from Ballerina Rose in Vintage Sepia ink and coloured them in with R81,R83 and R85 copics, adding some E59 to the centres. These were then fussy cut and dipped in glitter along the edges. The leaves were also handcut from the large flower stem image and then the flowers and leaves were assembled along the Chocolate Chip ribbon, with a couple popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment from Ballerina Rose was stamped in Vintage Sepia and then cut into a banner and inked with some Chamomile ink before adhering.
On the inside I used the same stemmed flower image, this time stamping in Blushing Bride ink and colouring with the same Copic markers. I used my Pretty In Pink marker to go over the flower edges to give some more definition and then added glitter to the flower centres. The sentiment was stamped in Vintage Sepia ink.
The other designers' creations are wonderful, so be sure to check them out:
How To Play Along :
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Our Sketch Challenge Runs from the last Friday of a month through till the last Friday of the following month.
- Each Friday in between we have themed challenges. To be eligible for the monthly prize of a $20 gift voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps you MUST take part in the sketch challenge AND one of the weekly challenges.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Include a link back to The AnnaBelle Stamps blog in your post.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 5 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps, but you can play along without them. For those who use AnnaBelle stamps and upload to the Gallery HERE then you will also be in the running to be our Monthly Guest Designer!
Thanks for visiting!