Friday, April 1, 2011

CSAYL Challenge - Inside/Outside

This week over at the CSAYL blog, the challenge is to create a card where both the inside and outside is decorated. The sponsor of this challenge is the wonderful Pink Cat Studio!
View PCS_Spons...jpg in slide show
The winner of this challenge will be able to select 5 free digis of their choice! Its very difficult to decide though as all their images are so CUTE!

Here is my card for this week's challenge:

For this card I used the super cute GingerBread Tree image. I coloured these with copics and added some sparkle which is hard to see here using my red Atyou Spica glitter pen. I then die cut my image with an oval nestability and added a scalloped oval which I diecut from Chocolate Chip cardstock. The background papers are from both Kaisercraft (sorry I can't remember the name of this pink paper) and Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely collection which is gorgeous! I used my Upper Crest border punch with some Hibiscus Burst cardstock and attached this over the join in both papers. After this layer was matted on white card, I used some linen thread to machine stitch a border and then added some Hawaiian Shores ribbon.  The sentiment is also from Pink Cat Studio and once this was added, all the layers were adhered to my Chocolate Chip base.
For the inside of the card, I printed another Pink Cat Studio sentiment and used Hibiscus Burst as my mat. I then cut out a row of Gingerbread men once coloured and adhered them along the bottom. Finally I sewed some Chocolate Chip cardstock to Hawaiian Shores ribbon and adhered this underneath.

I usually make a habit of decorating the inside of my cards as I just think it finishes the card off perfectly and continues the theme throughout.  Have a look at the CSAYL blog and see what the other designers have created this week and be sure to link your entry to be in the running to win this fantastic prize!

Supplies
Stamps: Gingerbread Tree,Merry Christmas From Our Tree To Yours sentiment, Seasons Greetings sentiment (PCS)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Hibiscus Burst (PTI); Chocolate Chip (SU); DeLovely DP (Cosmo Cricket); Miscellaneous Christmas paper (Kaisercraft)
Accessories: Copics; Red Atyou Spica Glitter Pen; Hawaiian Shores ribbon (PTI); Upper Crest border punch (Fiskars); linen thread; oval nestability, scalloped oval nestability (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

  1. your card is great! those gingerbread boys are vey cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very, very cute, Kerry! (Although thinking about Christmas makes my head hurt.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! Love love love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Kerry! I'm with MacKenxie on this one, the colors are fantastic!
    :)Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fabulous display of gorgeousness Kerry, perfectly finished off inside too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is too cute! Love how you created that tree of gingerbread men! The sentiment is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete