This week's challenge over at the CSAYL blog is to Cut It Out - so use any stamp you like, but use the technique of paper piecing somewhere on your card. The prize for this week's challenge?? MacKenzie will pick one winner who will be chosen as a guest designer for one of the challenges in May!
I have chosen to use is CC Designs Santa Emma stamp and a coordinating bench image.
There are a lot of steps involved so I will list them as briefly as possible below for those who would like to know how I put this together:
1. Make base from Vintage Cream card and round bottom edges.
2. Stamp Emma and then mask and stamp the bench seat over the top. Colour with Copics.
3. Stamp Emma again onto grey cardstock and patterned paper. Cut out and adhere for her clothes.
4. Stamp snowflake image randomly in Bashful Blue ink and sprinkle glitter to centres using Quickie Glue pen as adhesive.
5. Add Quickie Glue pen to santa hat and sprinkle glitter over the top.
6. Cut two different strips of Designer Paper and one strip of Bashful Blue card, punching the bottom of one paper strip with scallop punch and adhere them underneath image.
7. Stamp sentiment on blue strip in Melon Mambo ink and wrap bakers twine around, tying in small knot.
8. Punch out large snowflake image and use heat and stick powder to adhere glitter. Thread more bakers twine through a button, tie in bow and adhere with glossy accents to snowflake. Adhere snowflake to card with Scor-Tape.
On the inside:
1. Adhere cream cardstock behind front of card to hide where Copics have shown through cardstock.
2. Cut another piece of cream cardstock with bottom corners rounded and adhere where message will go.
3. Cut two strips of Designer Paper, border punching one with scallop punch and adhere to cream layer.
4. Stamp sentiment in Melon Mambo ink.
5. Stamp snowflakes down the side with Bashful Blue ink.
Why not hop on over to the CSAYL blog, check out the other designers' creations and link yours too before midnight next Thursday for your chance to be a guest designer!
Thanks for looking,
Stamps: Santa Emma, Sugar Plums Bench (CC Designs); Wings of Joy (TE)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream (PTI), Bashful Blue, Retired Rose Red DP (SU); Designer Paper (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue, Versamark (SU)
Accessories: Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Scallop border punch (SU); Copics; Snowflake Punch (Marvy); Bakers Twine (MFT); Hibiscus Burst button (PTI); Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Scor-Tape