Friday, April 29, 2011

CSAYL Challenge - Use Your Favourite Holiday Image

Hi again!
I was really looking forward to posting this card as the CSAYL Challenge this week is just to use your fave holiday image on your creation. This stamp set - Charlotte's Holiday Mail from Little Loud Stamps - is without a doubt one of my all time favourites as it is just tooo cute!!! The winner of this week's challenge will have the opportunity to be a guest designer over on the CSAYL blog for one week in May!
I decided to go with a white theme for my card to create a lovely wintery look, so started with Select White cardstock for my base and then stamped my image straight onto my main white panel. I used the snow from the image to stamp extra snow on either side. I coloured my little girl with Copics and then stamped the envelope again and mounted this on dimensionals. With my Quickie glue pen, I added some glitter to the snow, mail box and the edge of the layer.  I die cut some clouds and then heat set them and added glitter to cover them before adhering with dimensionals also.
Along the bottom, I added a row of diamantes and my banner sentiment. Finally, the main panel was adhered to the card front with foam tape - it looks so much better in real life!
On the inside, I die cut another cloud and stamped my sentiment, before edging the cloud with glitter and adhering it to my main layer which had also been edged with glitter.

Take a look at the cards on the CSAYL blog as their are some fantastic creations and why not have a go at creating a card for this challenge - I am starting to collect quite a stash of Christmas cards so I won't have any last minute rush this year!!
Supplies
Stamps: Charlotte's Holiday Mail - Christmas Freckle Collection (Little Loud Stamps); Wings of Joy (TE)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories: copics; Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU); diamantes; cloud die (PTI); dimensionals; foam tape; Quickie glue pen

1 comment:

  1. So darn CUTE! the clouds are gorgeous as is the clean and crisp image!! :)

    ReplyDelete