Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inkspirations Challenge #46

Hello again!


I am posting yet another Christmas card and  I have made this for Makeesha Byl's Inkspirations Colour Challenge #46. The colour combo is not really traditional Christmas colours, but I love to think outside the square when it comes to Christmas cards:


The base of my card is So Saffron and I rounded the corners on the bottom. I then cut a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock and punched one side with my Apron Lace Border Punch (can you tell that I love this one??). I layered some Bella Bleu designer paper from Stampin' Up which is now retired and some red ribbon I had in my stash. I also adhered Scor-Tape along one side and sprinkled it with glitter. The sentiment is from the Wings of Joy set from Taylored Expressions and some silver rhinestones were added beside it.



A while ago I found a UK store called Elzybells which I fell in love with as their images were sooo cute, but unfortunately they closed recently. I managed to pick up a few stamps before they closed and one of my favourites is this Mark and Ella image which I stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. I had a lot of fun colouring it with my Copics. I need a lot of practice with my blending, but its fun all the same. To give my images some depth, I always outline with a light grey Copic Marker which just helps it to pop off the page a little.

I matted the image on some Ruby Red cardstock as I don't have Poppy Parade yet. To add some dimension to the image, I used my Glossy Accents on the snow, snowflakes and beanies and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter over this. The photos don't really do the glitter justice, but if you click on the image it will be easier to see.

To finish off the front, I punched a large snowflake and then pressed it into my Versamark Ink pad. I then sprinkled on Heat and Stick powder, set it with my heat gun and sprinkled on some glitter which I again heat set. I attached a red button to the middle of my snowflake using red thread.


To finish off the inside, I matted some Very Vanilla cardstock on Baja Breeze card and used a small snowflake image from Stampin Up's Short and Sweet set along the bottom with Baja Breeze ink.
A coordinating sentiment from Wings of Joy was stamped with Riding Hood Red ink and then some rhinestones were added for the finishing touch.


I so enjoyed creating this card - these challenges from Makeesha are great for giving me that starting point to try something new each time. Now all I need is to save up for a new SLR camera which I am aiming for and I will be set. If anyone has a camera they recommend, can they leave a comment to point me in the right direction? Thanks so much for looking and I'll be back soon.

Supplies
Stamps: Mark and Ella (Elzybells); Wings of Joy (TE); Short and Sweet (SU)
Cardstock: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu retired DSP (SU)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze (SU); Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Miscellaneous:Mega Snowflake Punch (Marvy); Scor-Tape; Copic Markers; Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Red Ribbon; Red Button; Red Thread; Rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kerry! I love all the glitter snow and snow flake...such fun. I have a Sony DSLR A-200 and love it. Goos luck with your search for a new camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super cute card Kerry! I absolutely love that snowflake!!!! Really wish we had a punch in our catalogue for that?!?! And congratulations on your win at Inkspirations - awesome job! xxx

    ReplyDelete