Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Inkspirations Challenge #47


Hello,

Today I am participating in Keesh's Inkspirations Challenge #47 which is a sketch challenge. Sketch challenges are my favourites as I am not using the same old reliable sketches that I often turn to. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and am very happy with the result. Unfortunately my camera didn't capture the colours  as well as they look IRL (the holly doesn't look this patchy) but nevertheless, here it is:

Firstly I used Scarlet Jewel as my card base and added a layer of Vintage Cream. I ran the cream layer through my Cuttlebug with my Linen Impression Plate from Papertrey Ink and inked the edges slightly with Chamomile Tea Dye Ink. I then added a strip of Old Olive cardstock with 3 silver rhinestones. I used some retired paper from Stampin Up to create my pink layer and covered it with Scarlet Jewel ribbon.

The cream layer for the main image was first stamped very lightly using Chamomile Ink and Background Basics Text Style II. The holly image was stamped using Holiday Button Bits from Papertrey Ink in Old Olive and clear embossed, then the edges of this layer were also inked with Chamomile ink.


This was then matted on Scarlet Jewel Cardstock and the buttons sewn on with twine. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and matted with an Old Olive circle and raised up on dimensionals. All edges of the layers were also lightly distressed.


I matted the cream layer on the inside of my card onto the retired Stampin Up Designer Paper and stamped the Merry Christmas message in Chocolate Chip ink. A smaller holly image was stamped oin the corner and rhinestones added to the centre.

My stash of Christmas cards is steadily growing now and its time for me to move on to a couple of birthday cards that people have ordered for teenagers!! Now that will be a challenge in itself!!

Back soon to show you what I come up with!!


Supplies
Stamps: Holiday Button Bits, Background Basics - Text Style II (PTI); Tags - Christmas (Elzybells retired)
Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream (PTI); Old Olive, Bella Rose DSP-Retired (SU)
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Versamark (SU); Vintage Tea Duo (PTI)
Miscellaneous: Scarlet Jewel Ribbon, Scarlet Jewel Buttons, Linen Impression Plate (PTI); 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, clear embossing powder (SU); Silver Rhinestones (Kaisercraft)

7 comments:

  1. ohhhh Kerry - how LOVELY! What a lovely lovely christmas card - I love it all - it all works so well together doesn't it - the layout looks absolutley effortless. Love the colours and those buttons and love the sentiment too - so simple but so awesome! Thanks for popping by to say hi earlier too - lovely to hear from you! :) :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that PTI set. You've used it wonderfully with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those button "berries"! Great Christmas card!!!

    TFS! Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous Christmas card. I love that set too, it is so cute. I love that you embossed the holly leaves and that you added the beautiful layering inside the card too. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas Card and a great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love that you've used buttons for the berries, so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete