Monday, November 1, 2010

TCP Tuesday 132

Hi again!! I couldn't resist participating in this week's The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenge when I saw the lovely colour combo:
I absolutely love orange and pink together but thought it would be an extra challenge with red thrown in. I have to admit I struggled at how best to add in the red, but I am quite happy with the outcome.


I made the base with white cardstock and stamped the sentiment and basket from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic Set. The bottom corners were rounded with my corner rounder. I scored the front of the card base with my Scor Pal and then attached a layer of Real Red cardstock which was punched with my Apron Lace border punch. I added a layer of glittered tangerine paper from Doodlebug Designs and tied some Hibiscus Burst Polka Dot Ribbon beside this. The layer was finished off by adding some pink pearls.

I coloured the basket and flower image with Copic Markers and popped up 3 of the flowers with dimensionals and a second layer to give the image extra dimension. The basket image was then matted on Hibiscus Burst cardstock.


To finish the inside of the card, I stamped the message with Papertrey Ink's Birthday basics set. A smaller flower image from the Vintage Picnic set was added beside this and coloured with Copics. The inside layer was then matted on Real Red cardstock. (This has been adhered straight in the card, but when photographing, it was difficult to fold over due to the layers on the front).

I really enjoyed this challenge and will definitely be using this colour combo again. Thanks for visiting!

Supplies
Stamps: Birthday Basics, Vintage Picnic (PTI)
Cardstock: White Basics, Hibiscus Burst (PTI); Real Red (SU); Tangerine (Doodlebug Designs)
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black
Miscellaneous: Scor-Pal, Hibiscus Burst ribbon (PTI), Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars), Pink Pearls (Kaisercraft), Copic Markers, Dimensionals (SU)

1 comment:

  1. I think your card looks really sweet Kerry. I love the colour combination also!

    ReplyDelete