Thursday, November 11, 2010

Teenage Birthday

Back again!

I can't believe I have added two posts in 24 hours - but having a deadline to meet with this card quickly got me into gear. A friend of mine asked me to make a card for her teenage niece who is not overly girly. I really struggled with this as I am always quick to add pretty flowers and bows to most of my cards. I also didn't really have a stamp tailored to teenage girls - most of mine are perfect for the younger age bracket. So I decided to give digital stamps  a go and came across this excellent site - Digi Stamp Boutique and found this Sammie image which I loved. The great thing about digi stamps is they are super cheap and they are available straight away to download. They can also be enlarged/reduced to suit the card.


I used White Basics cardstock for the base and used Kraft as my mat. I used Lucky In Love Paisley and Stripe designer paper by Scrapworks for the front, using one side for the top and the other for the bottom and some old Purely Pomegranate ribbon was used to cover the join.

The image was printed on White Basics cardstock and I paper pieced the bags and shirt with the same designer paper. The rest of the image was coloured with Copics. I matted this image on Kraft card and added a row of pearls along the bottom. The sentiment from Birthday Basics -Papertrey Ink was stamped in Memento Black ink onto Kraft cardstock and folded/cut to create a banner. A single matching pearl was added to each end.

A layer of Kraft cardstock was added to the inside and the message again stamped in Memento Black ink using the Birthday Basics set. Two strips of matching designer paper was added to the bottom. I was really pleased with the outcome of this card as I love how effective paper piecing can look and match the image in with the card elements.

Now to tackle the dreaded teenage boy card!! I'll be back in a day or two with the result.

Thanks for looking,



Supplies
Stamps: Sammie (Digi Stamp Boutique); Birthday Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft (SU); White Basics (PTI); Lucky In Love Paisley/Stripe DSP (Scrapworks)
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black
Accessories: Copic Markers; Pearls (Kaisercraft); Purely Pomegranate Ribbon - retired (SU)

No comments:

Post a Comment