Thursday, November 25, 2010

12 Year Old Birthday

Hi there!

This is the first of my card orders that has been created for a friend. For this card I used Taylor's Sketch Challenge TESC 134:
She requested a card for a 12 year old girl who is very girly but has a love of chickens! Although this sounded challenging  I was determined to find a stamp that would be suitable and found this Pink Cat Studio Digi Stamp - Birds Make a Giant Cupcake which is totally adorable.

I started with a Vintage Cream base and layered some pink cardstock I had in my stash. This side layer uses some green cardstock with My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary paper (my favourite paper at the moment). The next layer uses Vintage Cream cardstock as the mat with the reverse side of the Quite Contrary paper . Some pearls were added to the side and some Hibiscus Burst ribbon attached. I used my Tiny Tags Cuttlebug die to create the tag and stamped the flowers and numbers in Old Olive Ink and Pretty In Pink Ink using my Simple Serif Alphabet stamps from Stampin' Up. This was attached to the ribbon with a jump ring.

The main image uses the Pink Cat Studio digi stamp - Birds Make A Giant Cupcake and this was coloured in with my Copics. This final layer was then cut and embossed using my circle nestablities and mounted on dimensionals.

The inside of the card has a layer of pink cardstock and then Vintage Cream. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Heartfelt Basics  stamp set and also uses the flower image from the Simple Serif set from Stampin Up. The flowers were scattered randomly to underline the sentiment.

Another really fun card to make - oh how I love colouring with Copics!! Very addictive! I will be back on the weekend with more.

Take care,


Supplies
Stamps: Birds Make a Giant Cupcake - digi image(PCS); Simple Serif (SU); Heartfelt Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream (PTI); My Minds Eye - Quite Contrary Designer Paper; Miscellaneous Green and Pink card
Ink: Pretty In Pink, Old Olive (SU)
Miscellaneous: copic markers; corner rounder; Circle Nestablities (Spellbinders); Tiny Tags (Cuttlebug); Hibiscus Burst ribbon (PTI); Pearls (Kaisercraft); jump ring

No comments:

Post a Comment