Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just Add Ink 45

Hi!
I am sorry it has been so long between posts - I have been having withdrawals from lack of time to make cards, but this time of year just seems to get busier and busier and with school finishing up in a week, its all happening!

I decided to have a go at the Just Add Ink Challenge 45:

I have had a stamp set from Papertrey Ink that I have been itching to ink up for ages - Scattered Showers. This set is so versatile and can be used for many different occasions, but I thought this time it would be lovely for a birthday card. I used Lemon Tart cardstock as my base and added a layer of Kraft. I then used my favourite paper I have - My Minds Eye Quite Contrary paper. It is so cute and the paper is so thick and sturdy. I used the reverse side of the paper for the bottom and the umbrella image for the top. I added some Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon and a cream button tied with twine along the join.


The image was stamped with the flower umbrella from the Scattered Showers set on Very Vanilla cardstock. I stamped it in Riding Hood Red ink and then clear embossed it. I also added some glitter to the centre of the flowers which is much clearer in real life. I have tried to show a close up of the embossing.

The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink as well as the umbrella handle. I used mixed fonts for the sentiment with Happy from Scattered Showers set and Birthday from Birthday Basics set. This layer was matted with Kraft cardstock. To add a little bling to the card, I used some silver rhinestones on the dotted paper.

The inside of the card also uses a sentiment from Scattered Showers stamped in Vintage Sepia on Very Vanilla card and matted on Kraft. I used the flower and leaf images from the Scattered Showers Additions set in Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze ink and finished off the centre with a silver rhinestone.

Anyway, I had better go as I have a Christmas tree to finish putting up - I LOVE Christmas - my favourite time of the year!

Thanks for visiting,

Kerry

Supplies
Stamps: Scattered Showers, Scattered Showers Additions, Birthday Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI); Kraft, Very Vanilla (SU), My Minds Eye Quite Contrary designer paper
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia; Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze (SU)
Accessories: Rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Twine (SU), Vanilla button

No comments:

Post a Comment