Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wedding Card - Sweet Sunday Sketch #96

Wow! Two posts in one day - I am on a roll! A friend of mine has asked me to make her a cute wedding card for a girl at her work and I had to think and think about what image I could use as I don't have many wedding stamps. Then I remembered that I had seen so many cute images at DigiStamp Boutique and I found the perfect 'cute' stamp for my card. I really enjoyed making this card as I was able to add lots of detail to it, while still coming up with quite a simple card.

For this card, I chose to use Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #96 as my inspiration which I decided to flip:


I started by using some white basics cardstock and adding a scalloped edge to the front base. I then used my Guidelines Two background set to stamp a strip of patterned paper on some Papertrey Ink Guidelines Gridsheet cardstock with Certainly Celery and Pretty In Pink ink. The beauty of this paper is that you can't go wrong when positioning your images as its all lined up for you. This strip was matted on some Certainly Celery cardstock which has been cross stitched across the top with white DMC thread, the bottom punched with a scallop border punch and some glitter added with Scor-Tape. I then adhered some pink ribbon and thread it through a diamante buckle.

The image that I used for the card is Henry and Zoe Get Wed digital stamp from DigiStamp Boutique. I coloured the image with my Copic markers and then printed out a second copy of the image, cutting out the car. Once the car was cut out, I used my Craft Knife to remove the sentiment number plate. I coloured the remainder of the second car piece with my Copic markers and then ran the image through my Xyron and sprinkled it with glitter. I then adhered this second car image to the original coloured image and inserted the sentiment back  in with adhesive.



I coloured in the veil with my Copic Clear Atyou pen to add some sparkle. The hearts were coated with glossy accents to add some dimension. The image was then adhered to some Pretty In Pink cardstock and added to the front with dimensionals. To view the details clearer, just click on the images.

The inside of the card consists of some white basics cardstock adhered to a Certainly Celery mat. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink with Papertrey Ink's Heartfelt Basics set. I find this set really flexible as you can choose certain words you wish to insert in the sentiment to suit the occasion and in this case I inserted 'happiness' and 'always'. To finish off the inside I added a small row of tiny silver rhinestones.

Sorry about the long winded post but I had so much fun making this card and I wanted to explain how I put it all together. I will definately be CASEing this card again myself in the future.

I have decided to devote tomorrow to the kids with no stamping time until tomorrow night (I am having withdrawals thinking about it!!). I have promised them a morning at the shops and then we are spending tomorrow afternoon playing board games and having some real family time. I will be back in a couple of days though as I have to create two birthday cards for my nephew and also finish my dear friend's daughter's 18th birthday card.

Have a good week!! 11 sleeps to go!!!!


Supplies
Stamps: Henry and Zoe Get Wed (Digistamp Boutique); Heartfelt Basics, Guidelines Two (PTI)
Cardstock: White Basics, Guidelines Gridsheets (PTI); Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink (SU)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink (SU); Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Scallop Border Punch, Dimensionals (SU); Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars); Silver Rhinestones;DMC white thread; Paper Piercer; Pink Ribbon; Xyron Sticker Machine; Scor-Tape; Clear Copic glitter pen; Copic Markers; Glossy Accents, Silver Buckle

2 comments:

  1. This card is so sweet and cute. Love the color combination and all the settle bits of sparkles,the message is lovely too. We are counting down to Christams day by each day doing something fun. Yestarday was to play a board game and I added that the winner gets tikled and they LOVED that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I love the glitter, and all the little details; such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete