Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2010 Christmas Gift Tags

Hi!
Well school has officially finished for the summer holidays and even though I am home with my three children, I find it easier to make time to sit down and create as I'm often so tired at nights at the end of each school day. I still find I have to work in my craft room at night as the kids are still so young and full of energy during the day, but that's okay - I can stay up into the wee hours of the morning!!!

Last night as I was starting to wrap presents, I realised that I hadn't made any tags yet. So I quickly set about mass producing some simple tags using my favourite colour scheme of red, cream and kraft. I alternated the colours on each just to change them up a little.


The base is cut at  3" by 2 1/4" and then the next layer  is 2 7/8" by 2 1/8". I stamped the images using a retired Elzybells set (sorry - I know that's frustrating, but this would work well with any circular tag images). The image was then punched out with my 1 1/4" circle punch and matted with a scalloped circle. The little strip along the bottom was punched using my scalloped border punch.  Once I had finished this, I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top of the tag and threaded some linen thread through. On the back I used the To/From image  from Papertrey Ink's Tiny Treats: Valentine stamp set.

These tags were so easy to make and the best thing about them is that this is a great way to use up those scraps of cardstock that you simply can't part with.

Have a great day and I will be back with a wedding card shortly.


Supplies
Stamps: Tiny Treats: Valentine (PTI); Retired tag set (Elzybells)
Cardstock: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Real Red (SU)
Ink: Real Red (SU); Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories: cropadile, linen twine, 1 1/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, scallop border punch (SU)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tags, Kerry. One of my favourite colour combinations too, and I love your clean style.

    ReplyDelete