Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simple Calendar

Hi,
Just a quick post tonight - I just thought I would show pictures of a very simple calendar I made using this tutorial by Nancy Morgan. I have been wanting to have a go at this for a couple of years and now as I need a Secret Santa gift, this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I kept the calendar quite monochromatic and simple using some retired Stampin' Up designer paper and matching cardstock. Click on the images to see a closeup.






The card images for this card were stamped using Papertrey Ink's 2010 Anniversary set Round and Round and Riding Hood Red Ink. The calendar is held upright by some vanilla ribbon. Jan to Jun are on the outside of the calendar, then you simply untie the ribbon and flip the calendar over and Jul to Dec are then able to be used.  I have kept the vanilla ribbon a little long so the recipient can decide if they want a bow or knot. These could easily also be blinged up a bit with some rhinestones or glitter - I just had a strict time limit.

I had a lot of fun with this and will probably make some more for teacher gifts as its so inexpensive to make.

See ya!


Supplies
Stamps: Round and Round Anniversary Set (PTI)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Ginger Blossoms DSP - I think! - all retired, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink: Riding Hood Red (SU); Printer for calendar
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, Cropadile, Dimensionals (SU); Circle Nestablilities (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment