Saturday, December 4, 2010

Color Cue Challenge #10

Back again!
I have another card that was needed for a friend so I thought I would use this opportunity to participate in W Plus 9's Color Cue #10 challenge. There were a range of colour combinations to choose from, but I went with this lovely colour combo:

I found it hard to incorporate purple into the mix, but then I realised I had some purple rhinestones and some purple and kraft paper so it just seemed to fall into place from there.



I created the base from Kraft cardstock. The white layer was scored at 1/4 inch intervals with my Scor Pal and then paper pierced on three sides and cross stitched with some linen DMC thread. The layer on the right consists of some Plum Pudding cardstock which was punched with my Apron Lace border punch. A layer of white cardstock was adhered on top of this as well as some Dotty Biscotti paper from Papertrey Ink. Along one side, purple rhinestones were added and some Kraft ribbon. I stamped the Celebrate sentiment from my Scattered Showers set from Papertrey Ink with Real Red ink and die cut it with my Tiny Tags die. I then tied it with a red button onto the bow with twine.

The image uses the flower umbrella from Scattered Showers stamped in Real Red ink with glitter adhered using heat and stick powder. The handle was stamped with Vintage Sepia ink.

On the inside of the card I made it simple but carried the theme through by using some more Dotty Biscotti paper and stamped the white layer with another sentiment from Scattered Showers.

I am working on some Secret Santa gifts for school this week so I will post them when I have the chance. Now its off to watch the end of Anne of Green Gables which is on TV tonight - one of my all time faves!!!!!

See you next time


Supplies
Stamps: Scattered Showers (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White (SU); Plum Pudding, Dotty Biscotti designer paper (PTI)
Ink: Real Red, Versamark (SU); Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories: Rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Twine, Kraft ribbon, Heat and Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU); Apron Lace Punch (Fiskars); Red button; DMC linen thread; ScorPal

2 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful card. The cross stitching is a very nice touch. I would love to soon get my hands on that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your soft approach to this color combination!

    ReplyDelete