Friday, December 3, 2010

100 year old window card!!

Hi!
I have had many more cards to make in the last week and the funny thing is, none of them are Christmas cards! First my mum wanted a card for a lady turning 100 at the nursing home where she works.

I apologise for the photography, it wasn't the best with all the rain that we have had around so it was hard to let in any natural light. I used Chocolate Chip cardstock for the base and then a layer of Pink Pirouhette card stock. I used the Fancy Flourishes set from Papertrey Ink stamped in Versamark image to create a little backgound on the pink cardstock. It is hard to see in this photo but if you click on the image it should be easier to see. (Can't wait to save up for a new flash camera!!). Before I mounted the pink layer on the chocolate, I used my craft knife to cut a square window. Boy this was so hard to do to get it even - this is a sign that I need to invest in some square nestabilities!.

I stamped the rose image from an old Stampin' Up set in Pink Pirouhette ink and then used the Two Step stamping technique to add Riding Hood Red ink on top. The leaves were stamped again with Certainly Celery ink and Two Step stamping. I cut the flower and the leaves out and mounted them on dimensionals. I added some tape around the window and some glitter to create a subtle border.

The inside of the card again has a layer of Pink Pirouhette cardstock stamped with Fancy Flourishes images. I then cut a square of Chocolate Chip cardstock and added some retired Stampin' Up paper on top. I created the 100 with American Craft thickers and added some silver rhinestones.  This card was so fun to make and I will have to try and make a Christmas card using the same layout.

I also had to create a card for my sister's birthday and decided to use an orange and pink colour scheme which is one of my faves.



I used Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the base and a layer of White Basics for the mat. I then ran some Hibiscus Burst cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Argyle Impression Plate from Papertrey Ink. For the top of the card I used A Little Argyle stamp set also from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the dotted image using Pumpkin Pie ink and then the solid diamond with Hibisucs Burst ink. The flower image is from the Round and Round Papertrey Ink 2010 Anniversary set also stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink and punched out with my 1 3/4 " circle punch. This was popped up with dimensionals. A line of glitter and rhinestones were the finishing touch.

The sentiment was stamped in Smokey Shadow ink using a sentiment from the Round and Round set. I created a banner with this and added some rhinestones and ribbon.


 I have a big weekend planned with helping my sister and husband lay turf for their new house, but I will definately make time to share some more cards and some Christmas tags in the next couple of days.
Thanks for dropping by!


Supplies
 100 Card
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes (PTI); A Rose is a Rose - retired (SU)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouhette, Retired DSP (SU)
Ink: Versamark; Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouhette, Riding Hood Red (SU)
Accessories: Rhinestones (Kaisercraft); Thickers (American Crafts); craft knife; Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals(SU)

Birthday Wishes Card
Stamps: Round and Round, A Little Argyle (PTI)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie (SU); Hibiscus Burst, White Basics (PTI)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU); Hibiscus Burst, Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals (SU); Argyle Impression Plate (PTI); gingham ribbon; Rhinestones (Kaisercraft)

No comments:

Post a Comment