Monday, May 30, 2011

2 Year Old Birthday

Hello,
I am back with a card, just because. I am so busy right now in my day to day life and with my designs for my challenge teams that its so nice every now and then to post a card that doesn't follow a sketch or colour scheme. Don't get me wrong, I love my design team work and being challenged to work with a sketch or a colour combo that's out of my comfort zone as this keeps me on the ball, trying to perfect each card, but I had so much fun with this one. It's my little nephew's 2nd birthday on Sunday, so I wanted to create a bright and fun card for him as he is such a happy little boy.


My card features the balloons from the Up, Up and Away set from Papertrey Ink. I got the idea for the 3D balloons from Betsy Veldman's card here. I stamped the balloon three times for each one, using Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron inks. I then also stamped the basket 3 times in So Saffron ink and then adhered them to the card front. Behind the balloons, I have placed two die cut clouds which have been heat set with glitter. The sentiment also from the same set has been stamped in Tempting Turquoise ink.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the clouds in So Saffron ink and then die cut a cloud and stamped my sentiment from Birthday Basics in Certainly Celery ink. The colour scheme for my card was inspired by this Transportation paper from Best Creation Inc, so I punched some circles out with my 1 1/4 inch punch and adhered along the bottom.

This card is really more clean and simple than my usual style, but I am quite happy with the result. It was so much fun to make and I really hope little Liam likes it!

Back soon with a new Colour Create challenge,


Supplies
Stamps: Up, Up and Away, Birthday Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White (PTI); Transportation DP (Best Creations Inc)
Ink: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Accessories: Cloud Die set (PTI); Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Heat and Stick Powder, 1 1/4" circle punch (SU); scor tape

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Kerry! Liam will love it, I'm sure; it's bright and happy, so it sounds like it will be perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is beautiful, Kerry. LOVE everything about it, those sparkly clouds, 3d looking balloons, the colors you used and those little cirlcles in the botton, super cute card.

    ReplyDelete