Friday, May 27, 2011

CSAYL Challenge - Use A Die

Hello,
This week's challenge over at CSAYL is to use a die cut as part of your main image. The winner of this week's challenge will have the opportunity to be a guest designer for a week in June.
For my card I added a layer of Cosmo Cricket DeLovely paper to a base of Kraft card.  I then die cut two clouds from my white layer and then added some more white cardstock behind the space left from my cloud diecuts. This extra piece had been run through my Cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing folder and sprinkled with glitter and heat set.


I stamped my girl from Pure Innocence: Presents For You set in Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with Copics and then paper pieced the coat and hat with more of the DeLovely paper. I stamped my sentiment from Holiday Button Bits in Tuxedo Black ink also. To create the grass, I used my MFT's grass die and then coloured the tips with a white gel pen and added some clear kindy glitz to make it look like snow. I used the same kindy glitz to add snow falling as well.

On the inside I inked up just the presents from the same Pure Innocence set, avoiding inking where the girl's hand is. I then used a black pen to hand draw the rest of the presents that weren't inked up. I die cut more grass and covered it in kindyglitz and added more snow on either side. The sentiment is also from Holiday Button Bits.

The rest of the team have created some lovely cards, so check out their creations over at the CSAYL blog and link up your entry while you're there!!

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence: Presents For You (MFT); Holiday Button Bits (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Certainly Celery (SU); DeLovely paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Cloud Die (PTI); Grass Die (MFT); Swiss Dots embossing folder; clear kindyglitz; copic markers; white gel pen (Signo); Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Heat and Stick Powder (SU)

1 comment:

  1. looooooooove those clouds Kerry and the decoration on the grass is brilliant- your are just so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete