It's that time of the month again - time for AnnaBelle Stamps Bling Sketch Challenge ABSC038. For this month's sketch I was absolutely stumped, but decided to flip the sketch to get it to work for me.
I used the new Backgrounds By Design 4 set for my main strip, stamping the star background strip repeatedly in Baja Breeze ink. I then added some chocolate cardstock behind it and another scalloped strip along the bottom. Some waterfall sprinkles were added for my bling. I stamped the sentiment from Mother's Day Bouquet in chocolate ink, and rounded the corners of this little strip before adhering it behind the scalloped layer. This was then all added to some Thift Shop DP and mounted on a white card base. This card was made for my nephew turning 6, so I punched a star from Baja Breeze card and adhered an American Craft Thicker for the 6. Two of the corners were also rounded with the corner rounder punch.
I decided to make the inside of the card a spiral pop up design, so I punched a 1 1/4" circle and cut a spiral shape, adhering the ends to the centre of the card. I then punched out some stars from different cardstock and finished with a large star which was stamped using the Background By Designs star strip. The inside layer is from So Saffron cardstock and I stamped a border along the top and bottom using the star strip and Versamark ink. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Acacia in chocolate ink.
Check out all the other designer's cards:How To Play Along :
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Our Sketch Challenge Runs from the last Friday of a month through till the last Friday of the following month.
- Each Friday in between we have themed challenges. To be eligible for the monthly prize of a $20 gift voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps you MUST take part in the sketch challenge AND one of the weekly challenges.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Include a link back to this blog in your post.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 5 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps, but you can play along without them. For those who use AnnaBelle stamps and upload to the Gallery HERE then you will also be in the running to be our Monthly Guest Designer!
Stamps: Backgrounds By Design 4, Acacia, Mother's Day Bouquet (AnnaBelle Stamps)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White (PTI); Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, So Saffron (SU); Thrift Shop DP (October Afternoon)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Versamark (SU)
Accessories: 6mm Waterfall Sprinkles (AnnaBelle Stamps); Star Punch, Scallop Border Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch(SU); corner rounder punch; small star punch; American Craft thicker