CSAYL's challenge this week is Very Vintage - so use your distress inks to make your card look old. I have to admit that Vintage is so far out of my comfort zone its not funny. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of vintage cards with everything placed randomly, yet perfectly, however with my addiction to clean lines, I find this look very hard to pull off! Anyway onto the challenge - this week the prize for the winning entry is a Guest spot on the DT for one week in June, so make sure you add your entry over at the CSAYL blog!
Here is my take on the challenge:
I chose to use the set - A Rhonna Christmas by Autumn Leaves. Its one of the very first sets I ever purchased online and I still love it to this day. I have listed the steps I used to create my card below:
1. Cut Very Vanilla cardstock for base and score in half. Add a thin layer of glitter around the edge.
2. Cut another Vanilla layer for front and run this through Cuttlebug with Fleur De Lis Impressability. Ink the edges with Chamomile Tea Dye ink.
3. Cut a strip of Scarlet Jewel cardstock and punch a scalloped border.
4. Stamp a pattern on a thin strip of Vanilla cardstock using Kraft ink and Botanicals background set and adhere to Scarlet Jewel strip.
5. Stamp music background on Sweet Blush strip in Pink Pirouhette ink and adhere to Scarlet Jewel strip.
6. Tie seam binding around Scarlet Jewel strip and attach a Scarlet Jewel button with twine. Adhere Scarlet Jewel layer to card frount.
7. Run a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock through Cuttlebug with Mat Stack 1 die.
8. Stamp Mat Stack outline image on Vanilla card with Kraft ink. Cut along the border and adhere this to the Sweet Blush diecut.
9. Stamp Happy Holidays in Kraft ink using A Rhonna Christmas set onto the Vanilla layer.
10. Stamp the Happy Holidays image again in Scarlet Jewel ink and cut out bird, covering it with glitter and adhere die cuts with bird attached to card front.
For the inside I just stamped Season's Greetings from A Rhonna Chrismas in Kraft ink on a layer of Vanilla card and attach to inside of card.
After all the difficulty trying to make my card look as vintage as I could, I really enjoyed this challenge in the end. Why not pop on over to the CSAYL blog, check out the other team designs and add your card for a chance to win a guest DT spot!!
Stamps: A Rhonna Christmas (Autumn Leaves); Mat Stack 1 Collection, Background Basics: Botanicals (PTI); music background stamp set (unknown)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (SU); Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Ink: Kraft, Pink Pirouhette (SU); Scarlet Jewel, Chamomile Tea Dye ink (PTI)
Accessories: Vanilla Bean seam binding (My Craft Spot); Scarlet Jewel button, Mat Stack 1 die (PTI); Fleur De Lis Impressability (Spellbinders); scallop border punch, twine, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU)