Friday, May 6, 2011

CSAYL- Make Us Laugh!


Over at the CSAYL blog, the challenge this week is to add a funny sentiment to your Christmas card and the sponsor this week is Pink Cat Studio:

View PCS_Spons...jpg in slide show
and the winner this week will receive 5 free digis of their choice. I chose to use Polar Bear Present for my card:

There was lots of sewing involved in this card to adhere all the layers together. I first started with my white base and then Kraft for my mat layer. On top of this I added two different strips of designer paper and some Pretty In Pink cardstock which was all machine stitched together. Before adhering my layers to the base, I tied some lace around the centre and added a Sweet Blush button to the bow with some pink striped baker's twine.

I printed the image and a free Pink Cat Studio sentiment onto some white cardstock and coloured in the hat and lightly inside the polar bear with copics (I used B0000 to add a little highlight inside the bear, so click the image to see this clearer). To add a little texture I added some sparkly fluff to the hat and pompom. Some silver rhinestones were added to finish it off.


On the inside I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits set and then machine stitched the white layer to some more designer paper.

The girls on the design team have some lovely creations for this challenge, so be sure to have a look over at the  CSAYL blog and why not have a go at the challenge while you're there - its a great way to get ready for Christmas (and it will be here before we know it!

Supplies
Stamps: Polar Bear Present digi, sentiment digi (Pink Cat Studio); Holiday Button Bits (PTI)
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Kraft (PTI); christmas DP - unknown (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: copics; sparkly fluff; silver rhinestones, lace (Kaisercraft); pink striped bakers twine (MFT); sweet blush button (PTI); thread

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry came to visit to say how gorgeous your cc card is and came across this which is so cute, love the image and your lovely colouring, fab sewing too, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete